If your hearing the the words ‘Stubbi’ or ‘Cove roller’ getting thrown around a lot lately, there’s a good reason for that!
Commercial vinyl layers are seeing mass improvements in the quality of craftsmanship using the Stubbi flooring tools professional range.
The Stubbi® is a innovative tool designed to assist in the art that we in the trade know in as ‘cove forming’.
Specifically designed for the commercial flooring industry of Australia, this adaptable roller has been built with the harshness of its environment in mind. It has been over-engineered to go the distance and is proving to become an essential part of the kit for vinyl installers around the world.
The innovative design supersedes conventional hand rollers is this field due to the dual radius profiled head, smoothly carried on its axis by twin ball bearings, making it a worlds first for lateral pressure contact during cove forming.
If we look at Australian Standards for resilient floor coverings, they state that “coved floor coverings shall be fully supported by a solid backing”.
By adhering to this method we actually remove the liability of movement completely between the connecting components, driving the cove fillet deeply into the juncture, embedding it firmly as manufacturers recommend, fully supporting the vinyl at its weakest point, the curvature of the skirting riser.
This also ensures that full contact adhesion of the sheet material and the cove fillet will occur using the pre and post rolling process, removing any liability of movement that causes weakness in the perimeters.
A simple 3-step process eliminates cove failures.
1. Pre Roll – Stubbi Rolling of coving strip into adhesive at wall / floor juncture
2. Installation – Stubbi Rolling of vinyl sheet product firmly onto cove former strip at base level
3. Post Roll – Stubbi Finishing rolling of installed vinyl product neatly into curvature and wall risers
Innovation and design
We are also reminded that the preferred method of installation is of external corner butterfly joints and welded seams ‘up off’ the floor surface.
This also creates stress in the vinyl due to its resilience and can leave installers facing air pockets and undulations in the coved perimeters, which will later go on to lead to product failure.
• Stubbi® is available in two sizes
• 28mm Brass / steel Orb – 20mm Cove fillet Roller (Australia & NZ)
• 45mm Zinc plated steel Orb – 32mm Cove fillet Roller (UK, Europe and America)
• Time saving and Ease of use
• Eliminates common install issues
• Reduces the need for applied heat during installation
• Preparation of cove fillet – pre rolling of the cove fillet before floor coverings are installed
• Installation – Lateral pressure rolling of the vinyl product onto cove fillet
• Vertical rounded pressure point for wall seams and butterfly corners improving weldability
• Continuous Lateral pressure rolling of vinyl skirting and wall vinyl seams
• Double rounded edge eliminates pressure markings of traditional rollers
• Shockproof Solid Beech Timber handle
• Chrome plated double steel fork improves accuracy and stability
• Heavy 28 x 40mm Durable Deep Brass Orb ensures no contact of fork elements during rolling
• High quality smooth carrier bearings
• Stylish and modern premium design made for the high quality and proud tradesman
• Designed tough by long serving installers in Australia’s Northern Territory
Stubbi MiniCove – fits 20mm cove fillet. • 28mm Orb • Size: 17.5 x 3.5 x 4cm • Net weight 305 grams
Stubbi LinoCove – fits 32mm cove fillet. •43mm Orb • Size: 24.2 x 5.5 x 4.5cm. • Net weight 550 grams